Internship DescriptionUniversity or Organization:Google interns Offered Locations:
- MS & PhD: Zürich, Switzerland; Berlin, Germany; Accra, Ghana
- PhD only: Haifa, Israel; Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel; Warsaw, Poland; Stockholm, Sweden; Aarhus, Denmark; Paris, France; Dublin, Ireland; London, UK;
- Currently enrolled in a Master’s or PhD programme in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Experience (classroom or work related) in Natural Language Understanding, Neural Networks, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Algorithmic Foundations of Optimization, Data Science, Data Mining and/or Machine Intelligence (Artificial Intelligence).
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, C++ or Python.
- Experience with research communities and/or efforts, including having published papers (being listed as author) at conferences (e.g. NIPS, ICML, ACL, CVPR, etc).
- Relevant industry work experience and/or experience as a researcher in a lab.
- Demonstrated publication record, with four or more publications at conferences (e.g. NIPS, ICML, ACL, CVPR, etc).
- Ability to design and execute on research agendas.
About the jobResearch and Machine Intelligence is a high impact team that’s building the next generation of intelligence and language understanding for all Google products. To achieve this, we’re working on projects that utilize the latest techniques in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning (including Deep Learning approaches like Google AI) and Natural Language Understanding. We impact products across Google including Search, Maps and Google Now. We strive to be the best and the brightest in the fields of Research and Machine Intelligence and we’re looking for talented software engineers that have applied experience to join our team. As a Software Engineer in Research and Machine Intelligence, you work on a small team, collaborating closely with other product teams and you’re able to switch projects as our fast-paced business grows and evolves. We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to take on new problems. Because you’ll be working with cutting-edge technology, you’ll also get a chance to work closely with researchers across Google. Applications are due by January 18th, 2019. Our team will review applications on a rolling basis and it’s in your best interests to apply early. We’ve already been joined by some of the best minds, and we’re looking for talented Research Scientists that have applied experience in the fields of Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing and Machine Intelligence to join our team. We do research differently here at Google. Research Scientists aren’t cloistered in the lab, but instead they work closely with Software Engineers to discover, invent, and build at the largest scale. Ideas may come from internal projects, as well as from collaborations with research programs at partner universities and technical institutes all over the world. From creating experiments and prototyping implementations to designing new architectures, Research Scientists and Software Engineers work on challenges in machine perception, data mining, machine learning, and natural language understanding. You’ll stay connected to your research roots as an active contributor to the wider research community by partnering with universities and publishing papers. We’re providing users around the world with great results every day, but at Google, great just isn’t good enough. We’re just getting started. Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Participate in cutting edge research in machine intelligence and machine learning applications.
- Develop solutions for real world, large-scale problems.