Internship DescriptionUniversity or Organization: Google interns Offered Locations: Hamburg, Germany Award: Given Below Access Mode: Online Number of Awards: NA Nationality: International Students or Any Field: First legal state exam completion (Erstes Staatsexamen). Language: Ability to speak and write in English and German fluently and idiomatically.
Eligibility CriteriaEligible Countries: International Students or Any
Acceptable Course or Subjects:Minimum qualifications:
- First legal state exam completion (Erstes Staatsexamen).
- Current enrollment in compulsory legal training (Station im Rahmen des Referendariats).
- Ability to speak and write in English and German fluently and idiomatically.
- Experience in legal analysis and research.
- Experience building relationships and communicate with people at all levels.
- Experience in data protection, Copyright, technology or media law.
- Interest in technology and IT-relevant legal problems and recent developments.
- Experience working on numerous projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Availability to start in 2019 or 2020 for a 3 month contract.
About the jobAs a Legal Trainee (Rechtsreferendar/in), and part of the Google regional Legal team, you will play an important part in helping to respond to some of the biggest legal challenges of the information age. You will get an insight into a variety of legal challenges at Google and YouTube, learning to expect the unexpected while actively promoting the development of internet law in an unconventional environment. Based in Hamburg, the German legal department of Google (Google Rechtsabteilung Hamburg) offers an optional training period as part of your compulsory legal training (Wahlstation/Anwaltsstation während des Referendariats). In this role, you will enhance your organizational skills, attention to detail, versatility and composure, while also getting the opportunity to demonstrate that you have sound legal judgment, can learn quickly in a fast-paced environment, and can communicate confidently at all levels. 20th century laws don’t always solve 21st century problems, and Google Legal crafts innovative approaches for handling some of the toughest legal challenges of the information age. Whether you’re a patent attorney, an intellectual property expert or an engineer headed to law school, Google Legal lets you take on unanswered legal quandaries and create new precedents. Our innovative services raise challenging questions that demand creative and practical answers. We provide those answers by working at the crossroads of the law and new technology, helping Google build innovative and important products for users around the world.
- Assist in a variety of projects such as the localization of new Google Products and the review and drafting of agreements.
- Conduct research on a variety of legal topics including intellectual property, consumer regulations, media regulations, advertising, data protection, etc.
- Respond to various legal requests from users and third-parties in relation to Google services.
- Assist the Legal team in the preparation and the management of court actions.
- Participate in the creation and maintenance of internal knowledge databases for the Legal team.